There’s no better time for heart shaped chocolates than Valentines Day. In this blog post, I’m sharing two recipes for my homemade raw vegan chocolates. I’m hesitant to call the first one a recipe as it’s extremely simple! I’d recommend making the Raspberry & Vanilla Bites if you’re short on time and ingredients, and the Dark Chocolate & Salted Cashew Bites if you’re looking for something a little fancier and skilful.
Raspberry and Vanilla White Love Chocolate Bites
Makes: 15 | Time: 10 minutes + 2 hours refrigerations
- 2 x 45g Pana Organic Raspberry White Chocolate
- 2 x 45g Pana Organic Vanilla White Chocolate
- Place the chocolate in a saucepan and melt over very low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and pour over the silicon moulds (I used small heart moulds but you can use whatever you have).
- Refrigerate the chocolate for at least 2 hours. Once set, gently pop the hearts out. Serve immediately or store in the fridge, otherwise they may melt.
Let’s get onto the second recipe…and I hate to say it, but unfortunately there are no photos! They were a huge hit and were devoured immediately 🙈!
Dark Chocolate + Salted Cashew Love Bites
Makes: 15 | Time: 15 minutes + 2 hours refrigerations
- 100g cocoa butter (1/2 cup), finely chopped
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- pinch of seal salt
- 60g raw cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 45 mls plant milk
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 30 mls pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- Begin by making the chocolate. Place the cocoa butter in a saucepan and melt over very low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup. Once combined, whisk in the cacao powder and sea salt until there are no lumps.
- Pour half the chocolate over your moulds, ensuring they are fully lined with chocolate, then sprinkle a few buckwheat groats into each (Make sure you leave enough room for the filling).
- Refrigerate the chocolate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place all the filling ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until a smooth creamy paste forms.
- Once the chocolates are set, spoon approximately half a teaspoon of the salted cashew cream into each mould, then pour over the remaining chocolate to seal the moulds.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Once set, gently pop the hearts out. Serve immediately or store in the fridge, otherwise they may melt.